Love is rarely contrived — it is unique, spontaneous, and needs to be special! Instead of falling into doing the same thing, find a way to think outside of the (chocolate) box. These unique activities will help spark some of those feelings of excitement and anticipation, just like you had when you first started dating!
- 24 Hours In A New City – Spending 24 hours in a new city (or even in your own hometown) is a great way to get out of your comfort zone and try new things with your partner
- Paint Each Other – Even if you and your Valentine’s Day date aren’t the most artistic people, spending a night trying to paint each other can be super fun.
- Go On A Scavenger Hunt – Whether you plan one for your date or they plan one for you, a scavenger hunt is an exciting way to get out and about.
- Switch The Flowers For Flour – Instead of getting your date flowers, arrive at their house with a bag of flour and all the other ingredients you need to make a pizza.
- Instead Of A Fancy Dinner, Consider Going On A Food Tour – Make a list of a few of your favorite spots to eat and drink, preferably close enough to walk, and have one thing at each place.
- Book A Cute Airbnb In The Town Over – Staying at an extravagant hotel in your city can be a pretty great way to spend Valentine’s Day, but if you want to add a hint of personality and uniqueness, go one town over.
- Go On A Hot Air Balloon Ride – Granted, hot air balloon rides aren’t that easy to come by, but if you do your research, you might be able to find one within driving distance from your city.